4.29.2011

Day 26

Day 26 - A picture of someone that means a lot to you.

-Julie-

Julie is my former majorette coach! She is the one person who helped me come out of my shell and become the person I am today. 

All of Julie's baton students at her wedding!

She helped me get into baton, dance, and pageants. 

A woman who has had a great influence on my life is my former majorette coach, Julie. I first met Julie while I was a freshman in high school and she instantly became a huge part of my life. When we first met, I was a shy, insecure, and quiet girl and through the years I transformed into a confident and outgoing woman. Julie is the one person who saw the potential in me when no one else did. She always compared me to a flower, saying “one day, Ashliegh, you will bloom in to a beautiful flower.” With her help, I did. Julie is the woman who helped me get started in pageants and instilled a confidence in me that is unshakeable. 

Julie holds many qualities that make her beautiful from the inside out. She is honest, trustworthy, compassionate, and hard-working. Julie knows everyone in our community and is very involved. She is a majorette coach at the local high school and also teaches elementary and middle school students baton twirling. She also volunteers her talents as a baton coach at a local dance studio and trains many dancers there on baton twirling. Julie is also the director of the Olde Canal Days Pageant and has helped  many girls in interview and modeling skills. 

Throughout the years Julie was not just my majorette coach, but one of my greatest confidantes and cheerleaders. Julie’s friendship on one that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

With Love,
Ashliegh




No comments:

Post a Comment