3.22.2010

REACH out

A lot has happened in the short time since my last blog so allow me to fill you in.

Wednesday- Sean, Bryan, and I went to Cleveland for the Cleveland St. Patrick's Day Parade. The parade was, well, to put it nicely, lame. There weren't really any floats that you would normally see in a parade. Instead, there was a whole lot of bagpipes and men in kilts.

Sean, Bryan, and I in Cleveland

Also on Wednesday, after returning home from Cleveland, the Canal Days Court joined the True Life Community Church in filling plastic eggs for the upcoming Community Egg Hunt on April 3rd. 10,000 plastic eggs needed to be filled!

There was a whole wall covered in bags of plastic eggs.

Thursday- All REACH members received a Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from John Boccieri for our involvement in the community. Good job, REACH!

                                     

Friday- Work at Oser's Dairy and Deli. After work I joined REACH in helping to make World Relief Kits for Haiti in Sterling, OH. We packed an outfit, toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, and soap into separate bags then placed them in boxes to be shipped to Haiti. While being busy packing the kits, the girls in REACH managed to find a few moments to check out all the cute boys we were surrounded by. Margarita, our adult leader, was quite the wing woman for us, hahah. We would point one out and giggle about it. Then Margarita would walk right up to the gentleman, drag him to our table, and introduce us all to them. Lol.

Gabrielle, Amiee, and I working

Sunday- REACH threw an Easter Party for the Waterside Group Home (home for mentally disabled adults). Soon after stepping out of the car, I was greeted by the residents and their smiling faces. They get so excited when we all come and visit them, it's so adorable. REACH member then hid stuffed animals around the lawn and home, and then helped the residents find their animal. I lost circulation in my hand when I helped Donnie find his, hahaha, he was so excited to find it he was practically dragging me along. We then had pizza, and cupcakes. After eating, the REACH girls led songs&dances to the Hokey Pokey, I'm a Little Teapot, Bingo, and more. The residents may look older, but they act just like children. Helping out at Waterside with the REACH group is truely an amazing experience. Every time we go there I become more comfortable with working with the residents and get to know them better.

REACH members- Gabrielle, Sylvan, Jarzi, Aimee, Brianna, Kristen, Bubba, Courtney, Miranda, Jen
I would like to thank the adult supervisors- Margarita, Tricia, Ken, Doris, and Natalie for all their help and support of the group. :]

Donnie and I

With Love,
Ashliegh
2009 Olde Canal Days Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment