12.27.2009

Goodbye OH-NINE, Hello OH-TEN

 Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I know I did!
<--Amiee, Mom, Brittney, and I at Grandma's.
This year I received:
-Glee Soundtrack
-Lady Gaga's Fame Monster
-Brittney Spears' Circus
-Subscription to Fourpoints Magazine (The Official Miss America Magazine)
-Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume, body wash, and lotion
-Flannel Sheets
-Shea Butter Infused Socks, and socks in general.
-$75 cash
-gift cards to Target, Wet Seal (x2!!), Old Navy (which I actaully hate, but I'll save it for swimwear, I guess), and McDonald's
-Victoria's Secret bra
-5 DVDs that feature Audrey Hepburn- Paris When It Sizzles, Roman Holiday, Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany's (of course), and Sabrina
-Awesome poster of Audrey Hepburn
-1,000 piece puzzle

As you might have been able to tell, I received a lot of Audrey Hepburn things, which is alright with me. She's like, my idol!

As the year is coming to a close, with 2010 quickly aproaching, I can't help but think about all the things that happened this year. 2009 Will be a year I will never forget and has been one of the best I have lived through so far.

The year began at Ben's house with a bunch of my very close friends. They helped me create the 365 Things To Do In 2009 List. Though the list won't be completely finished, it created awesome memories and fun events. We had an all night dare night where we TP'd a house, Post-It Note'd and seran wrapped our friends car, and tons of other wild things. I only worked weekends during the summer of '09 and for the first time since I turned 12, I actually got to enjoy my summer break.

In May I graduated from high school. I loved my high school experience but I did not cry a single tear at my graduation. I actually fell asleep when they were calling each of my classmates names. I made sure to stay awake for the speechs. Emily saying 'sucked' during her speech will never be forgotten (..And your the Valedictorian...how?) After graduation, tons of party invitations came pouring in via Facebook, so to remember them all I wrote them all on an index card, which later became infamous as 'The Party Card'. I attended about 30 graduation parties over the course of one month- including throwing my own (12 hours long! If you missed it don't even try and give me your excuses of 'Oh I had another party to attend', my party was 12 hours long you had time, you  forgot or didn't want to come, admit it)

May 2009 also brought me a surprise. I found out that I my dad that has been raising me for the past 18 years isn't my biological father. That discovery brought me a whole other side of the family I didn't know I had. Ha! It was so ironic to me because I remember back when I was about 14 or so my mom and sisters and I were driving and laughing at my mom's stories from high school and I jokingly asked if dad was my real dad..she didn't respond immediately. Ha, I now know why. SURPRISE! HAPPY GRADUATION AND EARLY 18TH BIRTHDAY!!

In July, I turned 18. My two best friends Haley and Sean forgot. Kevin took me to get my first lottery ticket. I got an awesome lime green waterproof camera. (I previously killed my phone by dropping it in a bowl of cereal.)

Also I became the 2009 (and 40th) Olde Canal Days Festival Queen! Go me! It was my third try for the title and I finally got it (the title anyway, the crown may as well be invisible :p) So far as Canal Fulton's Queen I have done 50 hours of community service, have attended 4 festivals (Festival's queen's Breakfast+parade) and the Summit County Fair, and have ridden in 8 parades (just parades).

That's all I can remember right now...haha

Anyways, I'm done with my 'Queenly Duties' for the year. I have a lot planned for 2010: a 'Senior' Prom that I'm planning for the older citizens in Canal Fulton; a Visiting Queen's Breakfast for Canal Days; fundraisers; community service; and about 30-some festivals to attend. Oh, and my court and I are change bandits for WKDD's Have a Heart, Do Your Part Radiothon 2010 where the proceeds go towards the Children's Miracle Network (which is ironically the national platform for Miss America :])

That's all for now. Happy 2010 everyone!

With Love,
Ashliegh
2009 Olde Canal Days Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment