7.17.2010

National Hamburger Festival

I just returned home from the 2010 National Hamburger Festival held in Akron, Ohio. I competed for National Hamburger Queen but I received 3rd Runner Up out of 13 girls, I'm happy with that! I also was able to help a few Kent State students/teachers with a documentary/article they were working on for the pageant!

Queen- Katy Schmid
1st Runner Up- Brianne Campbell
2nd Runner Up- Marisa Zink
3rd Runner Up- Ashliegh Jarzenski
4th Runner Up- Kayla Miracle

Congrats to the girls that placed and I had a lovely time getting to know all the other contestants!

Now on to the photos!

Carli, Mandie, Me, Marisa, Nancy, and Megan promoting the pageant at Rock The Lock Night
Life Size Barbie

Contestants
Melissa Menches Clapper, also a former Olde Canal Days Queen! '88 and '09!

Now on to Miss Greater Cleveland/Cuyahoga County next weekend! Wish me luck!

With Love,
Ashliegh

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this weekend Ashliegh! I love what you wrote about Pageant Girls! I agree all the way! We can have fun, make friends, and do something positive! We do not just "collect" a title. Our title means something to us. We represent the title we hold. We are not Canal Boats or Hamburgers! We represent Canal Fulton and Akron. We bring attention to the places and festivals we hold dear and want others to come and appreciate what our town/city/festival has to offer! Thank you for competing this year at the National Hamburger Festival! You did great and looked beautiful! It was nice to get to know another Old Canal Days Festival Queen! My memories of the year I was queen are some of the fondest of my life! Melissa

    ReplyDelete