7.12.2010

It's over.

Now that the 2010 Olde Canal Days Festival is over and things are starting to calm down at the house, I would like to reflect on some of my favorite memories from the year.

At the 2010 Festival, I crowned the new queen, Miss Jordan Mundell, I had my caricature done with both of my sisters, I rode on a hot air balloon, I met my Grandma Roni for the first time, and I hosted the FIRST Olde Canal Days Queen's Breakfast.

My Queen's Breakfast was held Saturday morning before the parade and I had 12 visiting Queen's attend! The event was a huge success and I would like to thank my parents, my court's parents, David Derry, and Sean C. for helping me put the event together.

So, now that I'm done being the Olde Canal Days Queen, what's next, you ask? Well, this upcoming weekend I am competing for the National Hamburger Queen, then the weekend after that I will be competing at Miss Greater Cleveland/Cuyahoga Co.! I have been waiting TWO YEARS to be able to compete in my first Miss America local, and let me tell you, I am ready. Also, I'm hoping to be the Queen's Breakfast Chairperson for the Olde Canal Days Festival. I would hate to see all my hard work of making that event happen go to waste.

And now, on to photos from the 2010 Festival.


a few of the beautiful contestants

"O" For Olde Canal Days!"- Emily from Geauga Co. Maple

Riding the hot air balloon with Sean <3


My Grandma Roni and I rode the Canal Boat with the new Queen and Court

Crowning Jordan!

That's all for now!
With Love,
Ashliegh

No comments:

Post a Comment