6.05.2010

Deercreek Dam Days

The 40th Anniversary of the Deercreek Dam Days Festival was held today in Chilicothe & Williamsport, Ohio. I had so much fun visiting with my queen friends and making many new friends. Congratulations to Amie on becoming the 2010 Deercreek Dam Days Queen and good luck to Elizabeth, the 2009 Deercreek Dam Days Queen, as you compete for Miss Commercial Point Homecoming.

My mom and I started our three hour journey to Chilicothe at 7:30 a.m. this morning. On our way there, we stopped at a gas station to get gas. I look over at the car next to us, and Santa Claus was sitting in the front seat. I kid you not. The white beard and Christmas clothes and all. Yes, it's the beginning of June. I think Santa is confused. Hahah.

We finally arrive at the festival queen's luncheon at 11:15 a.m. I sat with the Jackson Co. Apple Festival Court, Jackson Co. Fair Queen Kelsey, Alliance Carnation Festival Queen Lauren and Julie, Ohio Hills Folk Queen Kiki, and Holmes Co. Antique Festival Queen Autumn. We all had a lot of fun learning about the other girls' festivals, pageant requirements, and other things about them. The luncheon included lunch, doorprizes, a mini fashion show, and Uniquely Yours dresses.

After the luncheon we all headed up to the festival grounds, introduced ourselves onstage and had some free time to do whatever. I hung out with Beth, Autumn, Morgan, Kiki, Lydia, and Kelsey. We had a lot of fun riding some of the rides and playing the games. After that, we all hoped on our floats and cars and started the parade.  


I realized today I only have one month left as the Olde Canal Days Queen. It has been an honour serving the city of Canal Fulton and the Olde Canal Days Festival this past year. I have met so many wonderful people and have made so many memories that I will cherish forever.

I don't want to give up my crown :[

Anyways, enough of that. Here are some pictures from todays festivities.

All the visiting royalty after the luncheon
My new friends! Kiki & Lydia!
Autumn & I

With Love,
Ashliegh
2009 Olde Canal Days Queen

P.S. This is my 50th post! Go me! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment