6.20.2011

Weekend Round-Up: Pageant Edition

This past weekend was not just Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to my dad and also to my bio-dad), but this weekend was also Miss Ohio and Miss USA pageants. (2 of my 6 favorite days of the year- Miss Ohio, Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Universe, Bid Day, and my birthday :p)

Saturday night, a new Miss Ohio was crowned. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy tickets to see the pageant live but fortunately, they webcast the show so I was able to stream it live over the internet. Congratulations to Ellen Bryan, Miss Clayland, on becoming Miss Ohio 2011! Ellen won a $10,000 scholarship and will compete at Miss America in January. I wish her the best of luck throughout her reign and in her preparation for Miss America.


Congratulations to the women who rounded out  the Top 5!
First Runner Up: Alissa Brumbaugh
Second Runner Up: Amber Bussa
Third Runner Up: Meggie Whitman
Fourth Runner Up: Shannon O'Neill

It was really cool to watch the preliminaries and finals night this year. In years past as I followed the Miss Ohio Program, I didn't know any of the women competing and they were like celebrities to me. At my first Miss Ohio local, Miss Greater Cleveland/Cuyahoga County, I competed with Marisa Bucheit (2nd RU at Miss Ohio 2010), met Meggie Whitman (Top 10 at Miss Ohio 2010), Ashley Warholic (Miss Greater Cleveland 2010), Jessica Nelson (well-known local contestant), and Becky Minger, Miss Ohio 2010, and I remember being starstruck! Being able to get to know the Miss Ohio contestants this year and competing with them was a wonderful experience and I know for a fact that all the women who competed are great role models with so much talent, beauty, intelligence, and passion for their platforms. 

You can find more Miss Ohio Week photos at the following websites:

Sunday night a new Miss USA was crowned. I'm so happy that Miss New Mexico made the Top 16. I've been following her blog (Happy Brittany) for quite some time now and she is just a fabulous down-to-earth young woman. 

I'm also ecstatic for the Miss USA 2011, Miss California USA Alyssa Campenella! I've been rooting for her to win Miss USA since she won Miss California USA. I could not have been happier with this years Miss USA pageant. 

Photo from here.

Congrats to all the women who competed in Miss Ohio or Miss USA this weekend!

With Love,
Ashliegh

No comments:

Post a Comment