1.10.2011

Ohio Fair's Queen Pageant

Last week my best friend, Haley Bittaker, competed for the title of Ohio Fair's Queen and represented the Summit County Fair. Her parents and her invited me to come to do her hair, makeup, and use a few of my dresses. It was very different for me to be watching a pageant instead of competing in it, lol. I had a lot of fun getting to know a few of the other girls (they thought I was competing, haha). Out of 88 counties, 67 sent their queen to compete in interview, introduction, evening gown, and on-stage question. Although Haley didn't make the Top 15, she did a fantastic job representing Summit County!

Queen's Pizza Party

I haven't had much experience with round crowns before, so we had a fun time trying to figure out how to get it to stay on Haley's head.

Interview (featuring my local interview dress :p)

Evening Gown

All the redheads 
(Misses: Jackson Co., Muskingum Co., Summit Co., and Mercer Co.)

Introduction

After the pageant

And now, I'm back at Ashland University and starting my second semester! This semester I will be taking: writing for the media, human communications, broadcast reporting, logic & computing, field production, and english composition 2. 

Shortly after arriving on campus yesterday, I found out that I am going on the Habitat for Humanity Spring Break trip in Georgia! I'm VERY EXCITED about this opportunity to work with Habitat and meet more students who are as passionate about volunteerism as I am!

Here's to a great semester!

With Love,
Ashliegh

No comments:

Post a Comment