1.17.2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

What a week, what a week and thank god it's over! I thought it would stretch on forever!

Last Friday I woke up and got ready to go to work. As I step out of the shower, my left foot slides forward and hits the cabinet in front of the tub very hard. My ankle swelled up and I thought I broke it! I ended up having to call off work at Oser's because I couldn't walk on my ankle at all. On Saturday, I go to the doctor and he said it probably isn't broken, probably sprained, but might have done something to a ligament in my foot. So off I was to get x-rays done. I enter the room and the lady asks me the questions they have to ask. "Are you pregnant?" "No." "When was your last period?" "Sometime back in November, it's late for some reason." "ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT?!" "There is no possible way for me to be." (I'm a virgin and I've made a personal vow to remain a virgin until I'm married.) "...okay. You need to tell me if you are though. I won't tell your mom if you are." At this point I'm just giving her the 'evil' glare, haha. Finally, she takes the x-rays and says she will call on Monday if she sees anything wrong. She never called, so I'm assuming my foot is fine and I just sprained it.

Since I haven't been able to walk around and dance, I have been planned out the next six months of my life, well, the queen part of it anyway. I don't have a single free weekend it seems. Between all the community service projects I'm volunteering for/planning, meetings, the 20+ festivals to attend, and Ashland visits, I'm booked until July 10th. (My last day as the 2009 Olde Canal Days Queen. :[ )I also need to get two summer jobs (day job and a night job) so I can survive at college.

Community Service: WKDD Change Bandits Door-to-Door, Change Bandit Bash, Waterside Group Home/REACH- makeovers, Hope Ministry/REACH- serve food to the poor, plan Library Summer Kids Program- Little Mermaid Princess Day, plan 'Senior' Prom for elderly in Canal Fulton, Community Easter Egg Hunt, plan Visiting Queen's Breakfast, and many more that I don't know about yet, haha.

I also have Ashland dance team tryouts, coach Courtney and get her dress ready for Canal Days, fundraisers, Canal Days Comittee meetings to attend, dance classes, dance competition, dance solo private lessons, and Winter Formal is right around the corner so I'll be making corsages and boutonnieres for Simply Floral, too. I love being busy!

Miss America is in two weeks! (Not Miss USA, that's not till April.) I can't wait! It will be airing on January 30th at 8P.M. on TLC so make sure to watch the 53 contestants vie for the Miss America crown! (50 states+Virgin Islands+Washington D.C.+Puerto Rico) Good luck to Erica Gelhaus (Miss Ohio), Mallory Ervin (Miss Kentucky), and Brooke Kilgariff (Miss Minnesota)! Those are my three favorites and I hope they do well!

And that's all for now, folks!

With Love,
Ashliegh
2009 Olde Canal Days Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment