11.24.2010

Coming to you from Canal Fulton..

I'm finally home in Canal Fulton for Thanksgiving break with only 7 school days left in the semester. My time at Ashland University has been amazing thus far. I've made so many new friends, met so many people, and have become a part of so many awesome activities. I've joined the Alpha Phi Sorority, Habitat For Humanity Team, TV2, and Homecoming Committee. I'm currently running for a position as Director of Philanthropy for Alpha Phi and Habitat For Humanity's Marketing and Communications Chair. Earlier this semester, I ran for Class President and lost, but I had fun with it and it was a great way to meet new people. Next semester I will  be working with Colleges Against Cancer as a Relay For Life Team Captain! I'm very excited for the multiple leadership opportunities that have come my way.

I've also been able to jump right in with my Broadcast Communications major and work with the Ashland's TV2. I anchored multiple times this semester for the news broadcast and helped with behind the scenes work for the sports broadcasts, while also being able to go out and shoot footage for the shows.

So as you can tell, I love Ashland University!!

Also with finals right around the corner is the Miss Mansfield/North Central Pageant! I've been working hard on my interview skills (anchoring for TV2 has helped!) and changed my talent song to Sam Sparro's "Black and Gold" (it's fierce). I'm very excited to be competing with my Alpha Phi sister, Ashley Warholic, and Ashland Greek Life sister and floor mate, Becca Ribley!

Thats all for now!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

With Love,
Ashliegh Jarzenski

No comments:

Post a Comment