7.12.2009

Olde Canal Days 2009


Wow! This past weekend was probably one of the best in my life. The Olde Canal Days Festival. And guess who won Festival Queen?!? I DID!!

Thursday night was the Junior Queen's pageant, all the girls looked beautiful and they are all so adorable!

On Friday, was the Senior Queen's Pageant! Everyone, again, looked absolutely fantastic! We all had to have Canal Era dresses and everyone's dresses were stunning! I am so honored to be chosen to represent Canal Fulton at festivals all over Ohio. I won't let you down, Canal Fulton!
After the crowning, I went to watch Garrett at Battle of the Bands. He did great and had quite a large fan club! Some other band won (can't remember their name..). From there I walked around the festival and many little girls wanted to talk to me. They were all so cute! Their eyes and smiles lit up when I let them hold the scepter.

On Saturday we had the Grand Parade and Since it was the 40th Anniversary of the festival, the committee called all the past queens and got many of them to ride on a float! It was really cool to see how many different crown and sash styles the pageant has gone through, you could tell when a new director took over! Since the 1969 Queen had to pass on her crown and didnt get to keep it, the pageant supplied a new one for her, and guess who got to crown her!? I did! After the 'crowning' we all loaded up onto our convertables or floats, and then it started downpouring! But no worries, the parade continued on! My dress was so heavy with water when I stepped out of my car after the parade!

I spent the whole weekend at the Festival in my dress, and even rode some of the rides in it too! I almost lost my crown on one of them it was going so fast!!

Riding th Fun Slide. It's a tradition for me to do this in my canal dress- I have been for the past 3 years that I have competed!


After an excited weekend, I am EXHAUSTED. I haven't had a good nights sleep in about 2 weeks. Off to bed!



With Love,

Ashliegh

2009 Olde Canal Days Festival Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment