8.07.2011

Miss North Coast

Miss North Coast was held this past weekend in Brunswick, Ohio and I had the honor to compete with 11 other beautiful, talented, and intelligent young women. Congratulations to Jessica Nelson on winning the title of Miss North Coast. Jessica is such an inspiration to me because of her perseverance on her road to Miss Ohio. She's been competing for the past few years on the local level and this summer acquired the title of Miss Cuyahoga County and competed at Miss Ohio. Jess is very dedicated to her platform, P.E.T.S., and works with the Humane Society. Congrats, Jessica!

I had a wonderful time getting to know the newer girls competing and getting to know girls that I've competed with before better. Haley Marie and I instantly bonded at Miss Greater Cleveland/Cuyahoga County back in July and I had fun dancing with her in the dressing rooms while getting ready, hahaha. Haley has such a bubbly, warm personality and I can't wait to compete with her more! I also had so much fun competing with one of my friends, Amber Galloway. Amber and I became friends back in 2009 when I was the Canal Fulton's Olde Canal Days Queen and she was Brunswick's Old Fashioned Days Queen. We had a lot of fun during our year as festival queens. I am so happy that we were able to reconnect at Miss North Coast!


I won't be able to compete again until Miss Mansfield/North Central, which is usually in December (hopefully they don't change it!). So that gives me about 4-5 months to prepare. I plan on changing my talent...again. I feel like I do have a lot of different talents but I'm not SPECTACULAR at any of them; I dance many forms of dance; I baton twirl; I played flute for 8 years, oboe for 4 and trumpet for 2. Now if I could somehow make a movie in 90 seconds, I would totally chose that as my talent. I'll keep all my readers out there guessing for as to what I'll do next.;]

In other news, I leave Saturday morning for Hollywood! I am SO EXCITED for this wonderful opportunity! I am hoping to blog about my experiences in Hollywood and film-making so make sure to check in regularly next week!

With Love,
Ashliegh

No comments:

Post a Comment