4.25.2010

Maple Stirs, Ducks, and Jazz, Oh My!

"The Kennel" Cleveland Browns Bus

Katelyn and I before the parade

Katelyn and I at the Geauga Co. Maple Festival

This past weekend my Jr. 2nd Attendant, Katelyn, and I attend the Geauga County Maple Festival held in Chardon, Ohio. I was able to visit with my beautiful festival queen friends and made so many new ones! Alhough I LOVE traveling with all five of my court girls, I really enjoyed traveling with just Katelyn. I was able to really focus on getting to know the other visiting royalty and making friends instead of constantly making sure my girls were having fun and meeting people too. After the parade we met up with my lovely mother and Sean. We walked around the festival, enjoyed 'maple stirs' and even got to hold a duck!

Me at the dance competition

Today I competed in my very first dance competition. My studio's advanced jazz class has been working on our recital routine to Sam Sparro's "Black and Gold" and we took it to competition. Although I don't know the scores yet, I think we did very well and I'm proud of all the girls and their hard work to make our routine as good as we could get.

Its been a super busy and fun-filled weekend and now, I am worn out. I'm off to catch up on my ZZ's.

With Love,
Ashliegh
2009 Olde Canal Days Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment